• December 12Trim-A-Tree continues thanks to NHS. As of 12/12, Ms. Lewis has a slight lead over Mrs. Hamilton! Who will be the Trim-a-Tree champ?

• November 16Midterms were sent home with students on November 16, 2018. Ask your student to see his report.

The Cardinal Spirit

The Cardinal Spirit

Filed under Entertainment

McAlister’s Provides Fresh, Quality Food

Back to Article
Back to Article

Elizabeth Parret

Elizabeth Parret

Elizabeth Parret

New restaurants have continued to pop up in Georgetown in the last year.  One of the newest restaurants is McAlister’s Deli located near Kroger on Marketplace Cir. McAlister’s opened on August 27, 2018, and serves salads, soups and sandwiches.  They are also well-known for their loaded baked potatoes and sweet tea.

McAlister’s is a quick service restaurant and all orders are placed at the counter.  Patrons are then given a number, and orders are delivered to the table when ready. The menu is displayed on the board behind the counter, but if the line is long, traditional paper menus can be picked at a station by the entrance to preview while waiting in line.  

A variety of seating options are available at McAlister’s. Booths and high tops are positioned around the perimeter of the restaurant, while regular chairs and tables are in the middle of the floor, with some two-person-seaters located  against the walls.

I visited McAlister’s on November 27th with a small group. The line to place orders at the  was long but moved quickly. Servers were polite and offered suggestions, and the overall, environment was friendly and inviting. Everyone in my group choose the “Pick Two” option, which includes your choice of either a bowl of soup, half of sandwich, loaded potato, or a salad. I ordered a BLT-A, which consisted of bacon, lettuce (assorted greens), tomato and avocado, paired with a herb mayo, all on top of a toasted country bread and the McAlister’s chicken tortilla soup. For a drink, I was advised to try the lemonade. The total for my order came to $10.58.

We chose a seat, and sipped on our drinks and waited for our orders to be brought to the table.  One in our group got her food in five minutes, while the rest of ours took around 10 minutes. While waiting for our meals, servers came around and provided free refills on all drinks. When the food arrived, it was plated in a pleasing manner. The restaurant uses white square plates and utensils are brought to the table by the staff with the meals, so there was no need to hunt for them.   The soup was in a placed in a matching white mug in one corner and the sandwich in the other. Our soups were warm, and sandwiches cool, which is what we expected from our meal.

My lemonade was mouthwatering, more sweet than tart, and overall it was excellent. My BLT-A arrived on toasted bread, and was paired nicely with herb mayo which created a succulent sandwich. Some restaurants go overboard with mayo. but McAlister’s was the exception; the mayo was not overdone.  Often restaurant BLT’s are skimpy on the amount of bacon, but McAlister’s was not. The avocado was a great addition that really put together a scrumptious sandwich. The chicken tortilla soup was smooth and savory. Tortilla chips were provided along with the soup, bringing a contrasting crunch to the ensemble.

Next time you are looking for a way to fight off the bitter chill, consider McAlister’s for a warm bowl of soup or a piping hot baked potato. This restaurant is a concrete addition to our growing town.