The Cardinal Spirit

The Cardinal Spirit

Filed under Features

Fall Fashion Trends of 2018

• Junior Annalee Griffith gets into the fall spirit by showing off her navy checkered flannel. She paired the shirt with washed out, ripped jeans, white converse, and some hoop earrings to complete this look.

Carly Necessary

• Junior Keagan Morrin layers a black bomber jacket over a bold red T-shirt, while wearing a pair of ripped jeans and tying it together with some black high top sneakers. This is a more common trend in guys this season, as it is a simple option, yet the ripped jeans and bomber jacket give it style and a fall feel.

Carly Necessary

• Something we can all agree on this fall season is that you can never go wrong with sweaters! Junior Madison Scott shows off her fall style as she pairs together a warm sweater, dark jeans and some boots to complete the look. Sweaters can also be paired with leggings and converse shoes, to create a more casual and comfy style.

Carly Necessary

• Junior Tristin Black gets into the fall season with his flannel shirt and cuffed jeans. This is a common trend this fall, as well as in previous years, because flannels can easily be layered over T-shirts to give an extra layer of warmth in these inconsistent weather patterns.

Carly Necessary

• Here we have juniors Riette Bloomfield and Alex Wesley sporting two different looks this fall season. As Alex shows off her Patagonia pullover, Riette pairs some ripped sage colored jeans with a sweater and adds some warm moccasins to tie together the look.

Carly Necessary

As we look back on past fall seasons, it is easy to spot the trending styles that dominate from year to year. However, there are also common fall favorites that seem to carry over through the years and are just as popular today as they were years ago. We can even see some trends from our parents’ generations making a reappearance in the closets of many teens.  Browse through the photo gallery for some examples of what teens enjoy wearing in 2018.

7 Comments

7 Responses to “Fall Fashion Trends of 2018”

1. James Austin Mullins on November 20th, 2018 1:57 pm

I feel that this only represents a small portion of the school and doesn’t include groups like people that wear sports clothes or the seniors wearing their senior clothes and should include more groups

2. Madison Hepp on November 20th, 2018 1:59 pm

This article is a really good idea. It appeals to the students rather than just speaking on topics that don’t effect us.

3. Hunter Benell on November 20th, 2018 2:01 pm

I think this is a great topic to do a news report about, but maybe include the other clothing styles

4. alicia rocha on November 20th, 2018 3:01 pm

fall season is sweater season so the sweaters and the colors that they wore go with the fall season

5. Akasha travis on November 20th, 2018 3:03 pm

This is a great article but there are plenty of other fall fashion choices that could be added

6. Luke on November 20th, 2018 3:05 pm

i personally feel that this only covers 10% of the fashion trends for this fall, but overall great summary and description.

7. Amira on November 20th, 2018 3:14 pm

This is nice and the outfits are cute but I feel there should be more diversity with the races chosen to portray outfits because shown is only a small portion of students. I think it should be taken into consideration if we had more representation of outfits of people of color.

The articles on this site are the work of high school students. We welcome feedback and the reaction of our readers on issues that we report about. We will use comments to improve our publication. All comments will be moderated before published. If you would like to provide feedback to the paper's adviser or to suggest story content, you may email Leslie Murphy directly at [email protected]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Fall Fashion Trends of 2018

Features

Junior Prepares for the New York Runways This Summer

• Fall Fashion Trends of 2018

Features

The Chemistry is Real: The Feebacks Have A Covalent Bond

• Fall Fashion Trends of 2018

Features

Singer Goes Abroad: India Edition

• Fall Fashion Trends of 2018

Features

Canadian Finds Himself Teaching US History

• Fall Fashion Trends of 2018

Features

Let There Be Light: Learning to Cope with SAD

• Fall Fashion Trends of 2018

Features

Foreign Exchange Students Provide Different Insights

• Fall Fashion Trends of 2018

Features

New Year, New Goals: SCHS Students Set Their Resolutions For 2019

• Fall Fashion Trends of 2018

Features

What’s the Latest Lingo? Are You In the Know?

• Fall Fashion Trends of 2018

Features

Part-Time Jobs Help Teach Teens Real World Skills

• Fall Fashion Trends of 2018

Features

December Includes More Celebrations Than Just Christmas

Fall Fashion Trends of 2018