Winterfest Expo Night Ushers in Holiday Spirit at SCHS

Scott County High School opened its doors to the community Wednesday night for this month’s Winterfest. The night was the second of its kind in a series of Expo Nights coming bi-monthly to SCHS. Members of the community were invited to join the school in welcoming the holiday season with festivities and merrymaking. An event filled with liveliness and many activities, Winterfest was a joyful night to be remembered. 

Wednesday night was the perfect opportunity to allow Scott County High School Students to shine, as Principal Meocha Williams explained. “There was a lot of activities going on the showcase student activity,” she said. 

This month’s Expo Night offered an abundance of fitting activities to celebrate the upcoming holiday season. On the upper level, Scott County High School hosted a wreath-making station where visitors were able to DIY their own ornamental wreaths. Also made available were holiday crafts, as well as a gift wrapping station where visitors were able to bring in any gifts for the PTSA to wrap. 

On the lower level, Scott County High School made available additional activities for the whole family. A holiday movie, The Polar Express, was playing for anyone to drop in on. Culinary students made baked treats for visitors to enjoy during the night. In the auditorium, a special visitor named Santa came to SCHS, greeting the old, young, and everyone in between. Visitors were able to chat and take a photo with the jolly man. 

Winterfest proved to be an uplifting opening to the holiday season as the SCHS band played jovial Christmas tunes and French students sang festive carols. 

It wasn’t only members of the community that enjoyed the night, Scott County High School students felt the holiday cheer in the air, too. Senior John Hulette felt that the night was entertainment for all, “It seemed like a lot of people were having fun and enjoying themselves,” he said. “It’s good to see the school in a new light.”

Williams marked the night as yet another way Scott County High School hopes to give back to the community. “I want the community to know that they are welcome,” she explained. Plans are already in the works for February’s Expo Night. The focus will be on Black History Month, as well as the importance of heart health.